8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Live. Virtual.
ASAM designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
Presentations to Include…
- AMNet: Addiction Medicine Practice-based Research Network: An Introduction with Robert Philip Schwartz, M.D.; Diana E. Clarke, PhD; and Debbie Gibson, MSc. Description: This session introduces the AMNet, which builds upon APA’s IRB-approved national patient registry, PsychPRO. The importance of focusing AMNet on outpatient practices that treat patients with OUD and other substance use disorders and elaborate on the challenges and benefits of this focus will be discussed.
- Use of Injectable Buprenorphine for Office-based Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder with John Brooklyn, M.D., UVM LCOM Associate Clinical Professor of Family Medicine and Psychiatry. Description: Dr. Brooklyn will describe the indications for and management of injectable forms of buprenorphine.
- The Medical Management of Alcohol Use Disorder-How to Help Your Patients Get Sober with Mark Publicker, M.D., DFASAM, DABAM. Description: A review of current evidence based efficacy of medication in the treatment of alcohol use disorder, placed in the context of a review of the current known neurobiology, epidemiology and lethality of the disorder. Very clear practical how to information for primary care providers.
- Decriminalization of Addiction Behaviors with Shawn Ryan, M.D., Chair of ASAM’s Legislative Advocacy Committee. Description: Will examine past and present efforts and future potential of addressing substance use disorders by limiting legal penalties for possession and use, coupled with efforts to direct affected individuals toward harm reduction services and substance use disorder treatment.
Scientific Session Fees Structure:
- Residents, Fellows, Full or Part-time Graduate Students: $25
- Medical Students, Full or Part-time Undergraduate Students: $10
- ASAM Members: $40
- Non-ASAM members: $80
Questions? Contact NNESAMeventInfo@gmail.com
To find out more about the 2021 Spring Business Meeting and other Chapter Event news, go here.