Deadline to Register is June 3rd!
Registration is Now Closed
8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Live. Virtual.
ASAM designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
Presentations to Include…
- Building AMNet: A focus on office-based practices – Implications for Research & More with Robert Philip Schwartz, M.D.; Diana E. Clarke, PhD; and Debbie Gibson, MSc. This session will introduce the AMNet, which builds upon APA’s IRB-approved national patient registry, PsychPRO. Presenters will discuss the importance of focusing AMNet on outpatient practices that treat patients with OUD and other substance use disorders and elaborate on the challenges and benefits of this focus.
- Use of Injectable Buprenorphine for Office-based Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder with John Brooklyn, M.D., UVM LCOM Associate Clinical Professor of Family Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Brooklyn will describe the indications for and management of injectable forms of buprenorphine.
- The Medical Management of Alcohol Use Disorder-How to Help Your Patients Get Sober with Mark Publicker, M.D., DFASAM, DABAM. A review of current evidence-based efficacy of medication in the treatment of alcohol use disorder, placed in the context of a review of the current known neurobiology, epidemiology and lethality of the disorder. Very clear, practical, how-to information for primary care providers.
- Decriminalization of Addiction Behaviors with Shawn Ryan, M.D., Chair of ASAM’s Legislative Advocacy Committee. This presentation will examine past and present efforts and future potential of addressing substance use disorders by limiting legal penalties for possession and use, coupled with efforts to direct affected individuals toward harm reduction services and substance use disorder treatment.
Scientific Session Fees Structure:
- Residents and Fellows: $25
- Medical Students, Full or Part-time Undergraduate or Graduate Students: $10
- ASAM Members: $40
- Non-ASAM members: $80
*Registration will be considered incomplete until fee payment is received. Once payment is collected, registrants can expect a confirmation email from email@example.com. This email will contain the link needed to join Zoom. This link will be sent to all registrants again on Friday, June 4th.
Questions? Contact NNESAMeventInfo@gmail.com
To find out more about the 2021 Spring Business Meeting and Chapter event updates, please go here.